how much do you charge?

There are many factors that have to be considered before quoting a fee for a case. I like to sit down with any potential client and meet with them to discuss if there is any criminal history or circumstances that might affect a case going forward.

do i have to have an attorney, even if i intend to plead guilty?

Yes. If you intend to plead guilty to a crime it is imperative that you have first sought legal advice. Even if the outcome is a guilty plea, I could potentially negotiate a lesser charge or a lighter sentence. If you attempt to negotiate a case on your own you may end up with more charges being added or a harsher sentence. Admitting guilt should only be when all other avenues have been exhausted. I will investigate a case to see if there are any legal issues which could result in a dismissal. 

should i hire an attorney for minor charges?

There is no such thing as a minor charge. Even if you have been charged with a misdemeanor offense, the consequences of a conviction could follow you for the rest of your life. For this reason I, as your lawyer, will take the time to learn about your charges and any defenses that may be available to you. I have helped many clients get a dismissal or plead to a lesser charge. 

when should i hire a criminal defense lawyer?

As soon as possible, especially if you have been arrested or detained by law enforcement. When being detained you should be informed that you have the right to remain silent and the right to an attorney. You should exercise both of these rights and contact a lawyer immediately. As your lawyer, the earlier I am hired, the earlier I can devise a strategy for handling your case going forward. 

Do I have to speak to a police officer after an arrest? 

No. You never have to speak to a police officer, that is your constitutional right. Police officers lie and try to trick people into confessing to crimes. It is best to say nothing and hire a lawyer like myself to navigate the waters and deal with the police and prosecutors.  


No. You will never be able to clear the matter up. The police have generally decided you are guilty and so they are directing their investigation into establishing your guilt. I am an advocate, and when the time is right it is my job to tell your side of the story either to a district attorney or to a jury. 


You should hire a lawyer immediately. You will need a lawyer for your new case as well as the case where you are on probation. It is possible, and I have successfully negotiated many times, for my clients to receive either a dismissal or more probation on their new case. A new case does not automatically mean prison. There are many options that must be explored before prison. I have also won revocation hearings in front of judges where my clients went home instead of to prison.